We are inviting County Associations to apply for grants to support them in enhancing their delivery of County Championships. Note that the deadline for applications is Monday 11th April 2016.
England Athletics seeks to work in partnership with organisations across the sport to ensure athletes of all levels are able to access good quality competition that is suitable for them.
England Athletics Head of Competition Andy Day said, “The work of County Associations in delivering county championships has always been an important part of the summer athletics season. We want to work with the County Associations to support them in their endeavours to ensure County Championships are a vibrant part of the calendar and engage as many athletes as possible.
He continued, “Therefore we have contacted them and invited them to apply for a grant of up to £500 that can be used to enhance the delivery of their Track & Field Championships. We are also continuing to work with counties on the provision of online entry.”
Counties have been invited to identify two or more of the following criteria to secure funding:
- Increase the number of people taking part in athletics / athletics competition
- Increase the quality of provision
- Improve the experience for all athletes
- Make events in the county more inclusive
- Develop officials and volunteers
- Enter County Teams into EA Senior / CAU Championships
- Complete the overview section
- Complete which other sections apply to your grant
- The more criteria your ‘project’ meets the more likely England Athletics are to award funding to your County Association
- Ensure the ‘project’ complements Network activity and projects
Completing your application
Applications should be returned to Andy Day at England Athletics on or before Monday 11th April 2016. All successful applicants will be notified within 10 days of receipt, and payments will be made on the production of a valid invoice or receipt to be submitted to England Athletics.